FellowTravelers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Laguna - RPG Music

4 posters

Go down

Blue Laguna - RPG Music Empty Blue Laguna - RPG Music

Post  Xalterax Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Well you're playing FFXI, so you probably have played other SE games, or maybe more so SQUARESOFT games, before the Enix part showed up. If you actually own any of these games, then in my mind getting their music is ok. This site has existed forever, and SE has never taken action against it, nor has any other game. Basically Blue Laguna's Media Archive houses quite a bit a of media data (mostly soundtracks) from almost every RPG that's ever come out. Sometimes I go here and grab a few of my favorite tracks from old stuff I played when I was a kid and reminisce.

Today its Xenogears.

You can use the category list on the left hand side to browse everything though. Its not torrents, just direct downloads - virus free. Ahh...the good old days.
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Blue Laguna - RPG Music Empty Re: Blue Laguna - RPG Music

Post  Sealdorie Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:13 pm

LOVE Xenogears
Sealdorie
Sealdorie
Mega Boss
Mega Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Halsten Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Never played Xenogears, but I LOVED Xenosaga
Halsten
Halsten
Spork Master
Spork Master

http://androfuck.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sealdorie Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:53 pm

The two were- but not related. I would have to go back and look it up, but I believe Xenosaga was supposed to be an extremely loose parallel universe to Xenogears (mainly because it was two different companies that made the two games even if the main developer was the same guy). The parallels between the two games were there, and easily identified by long time Xenogears fans.

Xenosaga was "ok" to me simply because they cut the story short. When the games were originally set to come out there were to be 6? of them I think? The end of the last one they released felt incomplete and open to further expansion.

I absolutely loved the first xenosaga, but the second one's battle system left me throwing my controller across the room. They fixed a lot of that by 3, but I ended up never playing it after not being able to deal with 2 for very long.
Sealdorie
Sealdorie
Mega Boss
Mega Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Halsten Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:56 pm

EW yeah the battle system in 2 sucked hardcore!
I pushed through only because I was obsessed with the series!

Kos-Mos!!!
Halsten
Halsten
Spork Master
Spork Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Xenogears had a very expansive and deep plot with a very varied combat system. The plot of gears poked at a lot of social issues and big questions within the context of the game world. Every time a major bit of plot was explained, 3 more things popped up that you wanted answered. The story was ultimately why you played, as it was engaging and really kept you going.

When I played Xenosaga - I didn't get that as much. I am hoping to hear that Xenoblade re-delivers on that...but its hard to say right now. It currently remains in the 4 way tie between itself, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Symphonia and of course FF VII for my favorite RPG. Xenogears was a ludicrously epic title that I remember playing to completion at least 3 times.

I don't remember if I finished Xenosaga, I think the story got too weird or something. I've never really connected with sci-fi games because to me changing planets disjoints my point of reference too much, and I lose interest. It feels like a crutch to me. I want the 1 world to have a million facets and tons of depth to it. Changing worlds, to me, feels like cheating. "Oh, so planet A is now just used up. Nothing else there? REALLY?" so yeah.

I would still, gladly, pay 250.00 for FF VII, with PS3 graphics. There are 10's of thousands out there like me. Maybe, someday.

Till that day, all we get is this. Whats funny is, a LOT of people, myself included bought a PS3 on the pretense that was a prelude to a REASON to buy the damned thing. Never delivered. Fuckers.

Oh well.

Last edited by Xalterax on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Halsten Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:30 pm

AERIS IS MY FAVORITEEE
Halsten
Halsten
Spork Master
Spork Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sealdorie Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Xalterax wrote:Xenogears had a very expansive and deep plot with a very varied combat system. The plot of gears poked at a lot of social issues and big questions within the context of the game world. Every time a major bit of plot was explained, 3 more things popped up that you wanted answered. The story was ultimately why you played, as it was engaging and really kept you going.

When I played Xenosaga - I didn't get that as much. I am hoping to hear that Xenoblade re-delivers on that...but its hard to say right now. It currently remains in the 4 way tie between itself, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Symphonia and of course FF VII for my favorite RPG. Xenogears was a ludicrously epic title that I remember playing to completion at least 3 times.

I don't remember if I finished Xenosaga, I think the story got too weird or something. I've never really connected with sci-fi games because to me changing planets disjoints my point of reference too much, and I lose interest. It feels like a crutch to me. I want the 1 world to have a million facets and tons of depth to it. Changing worlds, to me, feels like cheating. "Oh, so planet A is now just used up. Nothing else there? REALLY?" so yeah.

I would still, gladly, pay 250.00 for FF VII, with PS3 graphics. There are 10's of thousands out there like me. Maybe, someday.

Till that day, all we get is this. Whats funny is, a LOT of people, myself included bought a PS3 on the pretense that was a prelude to a REASON to buy the damned thing. Never delivered. Fuckers.

Oh well.

In regards to Xenogears you pretty much summed up my thoughts on it. Amazing game. (even though I'm not normally a fan of games with mech-things in them).

The plot of Xenosaga was confusing because of the literature it pulled most of its plot from. It was very philosophical in meaning, and you pretty much needed a Ph.D. in philosophy to understand it. I'm not normally a sci-fi person either, and I think the only game that comes to mind that I did enjoy like that was Star Ocean (all of them, but the most recent one had the planet hopping in it).

If I were to rate my all time favorite games it would probably look something like this (top 5):

1: Final Fantasy 6
2: Chrono Trigger
3: Xenogears
4: Lunar: Silver Star Story
5: Final Fantasy 7

Final Fantasy 7 WAS amazing, but the games listed above it had far deeper stories and more complex characters. It took probably my second time through the game to figure out what the hell the story was with cloud (I thought I had it the first time but then the part in the life stream threw me off again). Funny enough, as much as people rag on X-2 for being so bad part of the reason I actually liked it was for the reference they made to FF7. The character "Shinra" making a statement about being able to harness the power of the farplane to create a "City of lights" was just too funny.

I would definitely pay money for a remake, but I'd probably want a hi-res remake of 6 first (not just cut scenes but sprites too). Funny thing is that since that tech demo came out technology has advanced so that they could probably make it look even better than that.
Sealdorie
Sealdorie
Mega Boss
Mega Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Vamn Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 am

If you really liked the music of Xenogears, you should check out some of the remixes/reinterpretations of it on Overclocked Remix

Vamn
n00by-w00by
n00by-w00by

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum