FellowTravelers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Money?

4 posters

Go down

Making Money? Empty Making Money?

Post  Xalterax Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Unfortunately spells cost a ton of gil. So far I've kept myself afloat with mining and making brass, which has brought in around 300k so far. Trying to operate within the parameters of not doing cap breaks without my buddies, who don't have any 50's yet. Trying to get smithing up now, which is costing me a lot unfortunately. If I can get that to at least 15 then I can make iron ingots the rest of the way to 20. Selling iron and brass ingots I should be able to convert a 15k expense into a 130k profit. Brass and iron ingots sell well, and I'm overloaded with iron ore now, which I accidentally dropped the price on when someone guessing my undercut on all 3 characters and bought it all.

My plan then is to just mine zeruhn on waterday (1 hour) and turn a 130k profit each day, which should do well to keep me afloat - after I get my skill to where I can do it that is. =P

Might seem like a pittance to what some of you have figured out, but its worked so far.

I enjoy playing this when I go mining. My other money makers are various spell scrolls, which sell much slower but are worth a lot of money. Unfortunately all the teleports will be a 0 profit initially, and then long term potentially a huge profit.

Below is a list I've compiled of spell scroll quests that give big money. People are lazy about these scrolls but still want them. You can capitalize on their laziness / ignorance and farm them up yourself to buy gear and other spells. Depends what jobs you intend to cap long term, but typically there are a few that you can take easily. You can also keep them to use yourself and save tons of money in the process.

• 1,000,000 gil - Sleepga II - Quest 1 -> Subquest -> Final Quest - (Substantial time investment, but post 70 nothing will aggro. The steps aren't too hard and its a big payoff if you don't plan to take blm past 50.)
  • 200,000 gil - Aspir - Pre-quest -> Final Quest - (Takes a little time, but not much. Windy fame 3.)
  • 30,000 gil - Blaze Spikes - Pre-quest -> Final Quest - (Easy, buy AH stuff and turn in w/ fame)
  • 400,000 gil - Mage's Ballad - Pre-quest -> Final Quest - (Easy, get 3+ friends together, all of you create Sandy mules that are the same race. Send them bat wings to hit lv 3 fame. Once fame is hit, speak to npc twice for the song. Sell for 400k!)
  • 200,000 gil - Teleport-Holla - Quest - (Requires Sandy fame 4 to get, but easy quest.)
  • 600,000 gil - Teleport-Vahzl - Quest - (After completing the above quest, pick this one up. Kill shadows for the best drop rate. Nice payoff if you aren't leveling whm.)
  • 600,000 gil - Warp II - Pre-quest 1 - Pre-quest 2 - Final Quest - (the pre-quests are easy, the last one is another you should grab before going to beaucedine. Get it when you go for Teleport-Vahzl. If you plan to get blm to > 40 though, keep it.)
  • 200,000 gil - Teleport-Dem - Quest - (fame 4 bastok - Invis is needed. This one is harder and will take some time. The ??? moves and it starts in bastok and ends in sandy. Should do Dem >> Holla if getting all.)
  • 250,000 gil - Teleport-Mea - Quest - (fame 4 windhurst required - large runaround. Candle can be hard or easy. Ends in sandy like the other scroll quests.)
  • 400,000 gil - Teleport-Yhoat - Quest - (fame 4 khazam required, windy quest will get you that. Kill lizards with a high level thf for easy access.)
  • 150,000 gil - Warp - Quest - (fame 2 only required, stupid easy, very mulable. you can mule this in 20 mins.)
  • 80,000 gil - Drain Quest - (Rank 2 Sand'Oria or Mission 2-3 for Bastok/Windhurst required.)
  • 50,000 - 1,500,000 gil - Spell Scrolls selling in this range on Ragnarok - (some are quested, some are drops, but they are all ways to make some bank.)

Feel free to post your money making ideas. Lord knows I need them.

Last edited by Xalterax on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Making Money? Empty Re: Making Money?

Post  Sealdorie Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Thats a really great post!

im on my phone at work so i cant post links but i generally make money a few ways.

boyohda moss sells very well and i can generate at least four to six stacks an hr on my thf in zitah

by campaigning in the past i use my allied notes to purchase void dust, which currently AHs for 25-30k each. an hour of campaign can generate me about 200k gil. this takes into consideration my current medal rank maxing out at 4k AN for full participation.

elemental clusters sell well by the stack. i think ice clusters were at 50k per stack of 12
Sealdorie
Sealdorie
Mega Boss
Mega Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Boyahda Moss sounds like the way to go, unfortunately I have to get the limits lifted and get a job up to 75 to do that one reliably, though skill capped at 99 would be much faster. Your gen rate isn't mine, but apparently the moss cycles extremely fast, so...

Good to know, for later at least. If I had a 99 thf/dnc now then it'd be a no brainer. =P

Work with what I got for now I guess. With the way the economy is now though, that method makes the most sense.
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sealdorie Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am

Yeah for your current level I don't have a whole lot of suggestions. What I did in my early days doesn't make any money anymore (harvesting lol)

I'm not sure what it's worth right now, but when I was in the 40s-60s I did a lot of mining. I got my smithing and goldsmithing both to 25 for that reason. In the 40s I mined in Gusgen mines and made brass/iron ingots and sold whatever darksteel ore I got. In my late 50s I think I went down to Movopolas and mined - I made iron and silver ingots and desynthed moblin gear for brass or gold ingots.
Sealdorie
Sealdorie
Mega Boss
Mega Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:07 pm

I haven't been mining Gusgen, though I could theoretically on thf - though I'd prefer on whm and level divine magic while I'm at it. If Gusgen gives up more Zinc though then maybe I should switch now. My concern was the higher level stuff that's been introduced to the mine. Current I mine in Zehrun because its easy and right there. Zinc is almost uncommon there and iron is about as common as copper. If you think a 50 won't get much aggro though in Gusgen I could try it with thf. I really need to cap my skills with thf still though...have to devote some time to that eventually anyhow. =P

I got my skill into iron ingot though (barely), so I can at least take 5 stacks of pickaxes, spend a few hours and process all of it into ingots. I'm hoping I come home tonight and everything has sold...that'd be over 200k. =)
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sealdorie Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah theres been a lot of changes in Gusgen since I did it. I do remember there being at least 5 decent mining points right at the entrance though (before the gates to go down below). I couldn't tell you how much zinc might drop there in comparison to zerhun though.
Sealdorie
Sealdorie
Mega Boss
Mega Boss

Back to top Go down

Making Money? Empty need to do quests for scrolls

Post  Rorschax Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 am

I refuse to pay the insane amount for scrolls...
so will be questing them soon

Many of the scrolls you have up are ones im going after (sleepga, aspir, the telles)

If you dont wanna wait till u hit higher lvls u can run em with me... will be doing them in the next few days (after suspension is up lol)

let me know

Rorschax
Ninja Bunny
Ninja Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 am

That would be awesome Ror - I'm anxious particularly for the teleports, though I can't participate in the Kazahm one without the airship pass, unless you want to do that one last. I can prioritize the Kazahm pass for my little trio next if needed. I also need windy fame, but I can probably knock that out quickly as long as bastok is #2 or higher when I go to do the Coronettes. I've got the gil now, so I'll try to bloat up my gobbie bag the rest of the way and do at least one run.

The main thing is the 3 teleports, although warp II would be nice as well. I should have the fame for Vazhal as well. Would love to tag for Sleepga II and just sell it. I have no plans to get blm that high, but if you do its a must to keep it. I'll give ya tell in game tonight if you are open.

I am currently eligible for:

• Sleepga II
  • Teleport-Holla (I have the quest now)
  • Teleport-Vahzl (After completing above, my thf job is 50)
  • Teleport-Dem

After turning in one batch of Coronette's I should be eligable for:
  • Apir
  • Blaze Spikes
  • Warp II
  • Teleport-Mea
  • Teleport-Yhoat << I need the Kazahm airship pass for this still. Its on the agenda...keys.
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:40 am

Wait..suspension? This doesn't have anything to do with the intestines chick does it? Twisted Evil
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Halsten Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Intestines?

I thought she showed her pussy or something?
Halsten
Halsten
Spork Master
Spork Master

http://androfuck.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:35 pm

DANGER - THREAD DERAIL IMMINENT!
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Making Money? Empty RE: Making Money?

Post  Rorschax Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:18 pm

All im gonna say about that topic is that sh*t was pretty funny!!

And Altera, lets shoot for saturday do get those quests ran. I say we devote a large chunk of the day to getting scrolls and working on ur kazham pass as well. With my thf it will be quick ^^

Lets get the windy quests done FIRST! I *muffin* hate that place and would like to get it done and over with...

What about Drain too??? thats an expensive scroll and takes 5 mins in sandy.. I need to trade coronets as well.

Heres the battle plan ima run

1.) Aspir - Windy
2.) Warp II - Windy
3.) Teleport Mea - Windy
4.) Teleport Holla - San Doria
5.) Teleport Vazhl - San Doria
6.) Drain - San Doria
7.) Teleport Dem - Basty
8.) Sleepga II - Jeuno

Rorschax
Ninja Bunny
Ninja Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:11 pm

So the plan would be to do Coronettes when we go to windy? I'll let the other 2 know we're planning to do this. 1 of them has the same fame I do, but the other has to do corn yet. I'll make sure we've got the Kazham quest active and as much inventory as we can muster for Coronettes. I'll try to urge the other who hasn't done corn to do so. The other two wouldn't use some of the spell scrolls, so the influx if we all got all the scrolls after they all sold could keep us afloat for awhile. I know I can float off Sleepga II for quite awhile. =)

Also, the name isn't meant to be read as Altera - Its supposed to be pronounced (Zal-tear-axe) [Like Xylaphone makes a z sound] The shortened version most common though is just xalt or zalt.
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Making Money? Empty Re!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Rorschax Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:15 pm

KK my bad =P

Anyways, Im on Mountain Time (colorado) --- Ill probably be on around 9am-ish Saturday

And lets go ahead and get coronets, and all the other needed fame done individually, so that we dont have to waste time on that...

Cya sat.

Rorschax
Ninja Bunny
Ninja Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalterax Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:23 pm

I'll see about getting Coronettes done then. Its involved organizing it with 3 people, but worse comes to worse we can mail scheme it. Hopefully Bastok is still 2nd or 1st tonight. Won't hold my breath on 1st, but 2nd will do.
Xalterax
Xalterax
lolGenbu
lolGenbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum